The most common questions about tennis, basketball, & multi-sport court construction and surfacing.
How much does a tennis court cost & how much does tennis court resufacing cost?
We often receive requests from clients seeking ballpark figures on new tennis, pickleball, basketball court construction & existing tennis court & sports resurfacing / restoration. Quite honestly, it’s a very difficult thing to provide as there are so many variables that impact the price such as; geographic location, grade plan of the land, court access / logistics, fencing, lighting, surfacing, accessories and so on. However, we find ourselves below still answering the question as best as possible:
- In Ontario, a typical new tennis court construction project from start to finish starts at $100,000+. It’s possible to be below this ballpark figure however some discussion around forgoing certain features will have to occur
- On the tennis court and other sports resurfacing / restoration side a price per court may range from $15,000 to $30,000+ based on the current court condition, how many courts in total require attention and our recommendation for ensuring upon departure the longevity of the surface will be maintained.
What services do you provide?
Tennis court design
- Work with our team to design your next tennis court. Our team will survey the space, provide recommendations on orientation, drainage considerations and construction options to ensure your new tennis court longevity is maximized. Tennis court design: Work with our team to design your next tennis court. Our team will survey the space, provide recommendations on orientation, highlight drainage concerns and ensure we explore all construction options to ensure your wishlist is met and that your new tennis court investment lasts for decades.
Tennis court construction
- With two teams dedicated exclusively to the build aspect of your tennis court there is no company in Ontario spending more time perfecting the craft.
With our own forces we can provide customers with a turnkey solution across Ontario, completing the tennis court excavation, tennis court base installation with our specialized laser grading equipment and construction of our Asphalt Penetration System.
To find out more about a court built by Court Surface Specialists Ltd., or why our Asphalt Penetration System is the longest lasting tennis court for the Canadian climate email our team at: email@example.com
Laykold Acrylic Surface Coating System
- Simply the best in the business, and we’ve used them all. When it comes to tennis court surface coating systems Laykold continues to maintain it’s advantage. Continued heavy investment in research & development has provided our customers with a better looking, and longer lasting tennis court surface.
Laykold is the official surface of the US Open, Miami Open, Western & Southern Open, Canadian Open just to name a few, making it our surface of choice.
Tennis court resurfacing & restoration
- We have worked in partnership with Laykold to develop a specialized resurfacing & restoration process utilizing high strength fiberglass membrane overlays to better protect your new court and investment. The before and after transformations be spectacular!
What are the different tennis court surfaces?
- Hardcourt (our primary service, think US Open)
- Clay Courts (think French Open)
- Artifical Turf (popular 90’s surface)
- VersaCourt sport tile system (popular & new, less invasive solution serviced by DIY Court Canada)
Each have a list of pros/cons and considerations to take in account. We reccomend connecting with our team to discuss the options available and what would best suit your needs to provide you the best final product.
Force Reduction Surface
- Laykold offers a specialized surface called Laykold Masters 8 Float (LM8). This surface offers a 21% force reduction cushion system “shock pad” and has become our most popular high-end backyard court system to reduce joint pain and provide extended longevity of play. Once installed, these systems are coated coated with the colours of your choice in Laykold acrylic surfaces.
Do you build basketball, pickleball, and other multi-sport courts?
- You bet! The same construction and surfacing process for tennis courts is applied for all type of sports court construction. With the growing popularity of sports such as pickleball & basketball, it’s very common that clients request additional game lines so they can enjoy a variety of sports on the final surface.
- Court Surface Specialists has grown to offer a dedicated administration, construction, acrylic surfacing, and special projects team that services residential, commercial, and brand clients.
Do you service outside of Ontario
- Sure do! Check out our extended family DIY Court Canada (www.diycourt.ca) for our sport tile systems. DIY Court Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor for VersaCourt. The DIY Court Canada team of professionals will assist you in your court design, custom sizing, logos, accessories, and installation of your new court Canada-wide.
Do you sell and install accessories?
Court Surface Specialists and DIY Court Canada are an authorized distributor and installer of Douglas Sport Accessories, Versacourt, and CITY HOOPS Basketball Hoops.
- Tennis, pickleball, multisport posts & nets
- In-ground, adjustable, & portable CITY HOOPS Basketball Hoops
- LED Court Lighting & other accessories
In-stock products are ready to ship from DIY Court Canada’s (www.diycourt.ca) local warehouse and showroom.